Thursday, September 20, 2012

BlogPoll Calling | Week Three Ballot

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota
T_rex_hates_pushups_tiny by Todd on Sep 16, 2012 7:11 PM CDT in Football

A few notes, thoughts, excuses, etc.

Alabama and LSU have once again shown they are at the top of college football, and after Southern Cal went down the flood of "get ready for Bama/LSU twice again" tweets on my timeline was ridiculous. There is no way the voters would ever let that happen again, but I understand the sentiment.

Oregon is still Oregon, and I'm glad I bumped them ahead of USC last week. I was nervous about the Trojans, wish I had been

Speaking of USC, they get dropped all the way to Mr. Irrelevant cause that seems crueler than just dropping them all together.

Florida State and West Virginia pass the look test against inferior competition, but are subject to huge drops as well if they even remotely struggle once they hit a real team. Not sure if Clemson counts for similar reasons, even though I have them in the top ten, too. :/

Texas gets a pretty big bump up for demolishing Ole Miss, but honestly they're just that high cause who else was I going to put in the top ten?

Georgia "struggled" with FAU like Alabama "struggled" with Western Kentucky. If they can avoid UGAing this season away with a couple of full derp games the SEC East is theres.

Ohio State looked vulnerable against one of the worst teams in the country. Are they overrated? Probably, but still the best team in the B1G right now.

TCU, Louisville, and Northwestern all make their first appearances on my ballot, while Ohio returns after grabbing a Mr. Irrelevant vote after week one. They're 3-0 right now, though, and Frank Solich is good coach, so they could end the season ranked (and maybe the best team in Ohio?) if they keep it together.

Finally, I dropped out everyone that lost besides USC. Teams I also considered: Mississippi State, Iowa State, Baylor, and Rutgers.

Read More: Alabama Crimson Tide


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment